Reminder-The 5k can be a stand alone event and registrants do not have to participate in the bench press element. However, we would love to have you show off your strength too and give it a go! Each successful bench press rep will account for the designated time deduction off your 5K chip time (see below).
There will be no weigh-in necessary and you may finalize your designated weight selection at the event. Warm-ups will also be permitted prior to the lifting segment.
Bench Press Rules:
1. One attempt per participant at designated weight.
2. Participants can request a lift-off from the spotter.
3. Back and rear must remain flat on the bench and both feet must remain in contact with the ground at all times.
4. Rep starts with arms in full extended position.
5. The bar is lowered and must touch the participant’s chest. Bouncing the bar off the chest is not permitted and will nullify the rep.
6. The bar is then raised until arms are in full extended position–this ends the rep.
7. Once the bar moves from a full extended position, the motion must be continuous with no rest or pause at the chest position. However, a rest/pause at the fully extended position will be permitted between reps.
Men’s Division (14+ years and older)
- Empty bar (45 lbs)-Max reps in one minute= 3 seconds/rep
- 160 lbs= 21 seconds/rep
- 180 lbs= 30.5 seconds/rep
- 200 lbs= 42 seconds/repMax deduction available= 7 minutes
Women’s Division (14+ years and older)
- Empty bar (35 lbs)-Max reps in one minute= 3 seconds/rep
- 90 lbs= 21 seconds/rep
- 105 lbs= 30.5 seconds/rep
- 120 lbs= 42 seconds/repMax deduction available= 7 minutes
Youth Division (13 years and younger)
May participate in the 5K or the 1 Mile Fun Run
Ages 10-13 Category
- Empty bar (15 lbs)-Max reps in one minute= 3 seconds/rep
Ages 9 and Under Category
- Empty bar (5 lbs)-Max reps in one minute= 3 seconds/rep
We can’t wait to #benchnboltforbliss to raise money for the William R. Bliss Cancer Center! Registration will be going LIVE soon!